Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
May 25, 2018, 10:12:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for old timers not on facebook - we lost Trudee this morning  (Read 212 times)
nj
Veteran Member

« on: March 24, 2018, 06:01:57 PM »

Today was a sad day, after 11 years of love we lost Trudee. 

She'd had some health issues but in the end she had a kidney infection we couldn't overcome and it turned into kidney failure. 

Trudee will be missed she was the sweetest dog.  I will miss her calm manner and her sweet face.  It's never easy to say goodbye.

Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

I am so sorry to hear about Trudee!  She was a great little girl with a fantastic personality.  I'm so glad you were able to give her such a wonderful, loving home for her all these years.  She reminded me so much of her grandma Angel and daddy Rewind.  Some dogs just have such a special place in our hearts.

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 09:40:30 PM »

I'm so so sorry to read this Nina. I have not met her in person, like we did for LittleBoy and Sticky but remember reading about her. She was truly a sweet dog to have around.

RIP Trudee. Frown

Helene-Saint mom
nj
Veteran Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »

I wanted Roben to know.  Trudee was the sweetest dog and we will miss her so much.  She was loved and happy. 

We did have Trudee when we went to Des Moines.  She was always so low key compared to Little Boy who was so high strung.  I remember the Drury was a pet friendly hotel and we put Trudee up on the front desk counter so the staff could pet her. 

I found these memories.. 

http://forum.eskie.net/index.php/topic,13398.0.html

« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 01:25:01 PM by nj » Logged

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »

Wow. I could not even remember this... 10 years ago. Already. Time did fly by. Thank you so much for posting this old link. I do remember this trip, but not all of it. She truly was a sweet dog for sure. I remember the story of the counter. Love the Drury Inns for their love of pets.

She really must have been low key that I could not remember seeing her. That's bad from me. Frown

Helene-Saint mom
Steve
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2018, 12:20:36 AM »

Iím so sorry to hear this.

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.

Rev                                GG                        Kittee
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:56:24 PM »

Steve, Trudee was Rev's sister.  Here's the page that shows her siblings.  Ranger passed last year.  I just heard from his owners earlier this year.  Twister is 15 now and still going strong.  And we lost Foxy quite a few years ago to a car accident when she ran out on a road.  I don't know how Dream is doing.  Maybe Rebecca will come on and let us know.

Nina, yes I know you and Randy gave Trudee such a great home.  You've posted a lot of pictures of her and I saved all of them. 

nj
Veteran Member

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 11:43:29 PM »

Trudee was the sweetest dog and I wish we'd had her longer.  She was never demanding and for the most part see seemed to be very content.  Often we'd go out of our way to make sure she wasn't overpowered by the other dogs.  Her favorite things were her bones and chewing ice.  She'd gather the bones up and stash them from the other dogs.  And when someone got ice, no matter where in the house she was, she'd come running.  It's going to be awhile now when I get ice that I don't expect to see her come into the kitchen.

In November we found a tumor in her mouth.  It would bleed and the vet treated it with different antibiotics. To remove it surgically would have been really invasive and we just didn't want to put her through that.  We would go every Saturday to the vet.  She did really well until the last couple of weeks when she ended up with kidney issues.  The vet was also fond of her and when it was time, he almost cried.

We got her urn back today and we have hers next to Little Boy on the mantle with a couple of her bones.  Randy printed a picture of her and Little Boy displayed above them.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 11:58:18 PM by nj » Logged

Steve
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:09 AM »

Steve, Trudee was Rev's sister. 
Yep, that's what I was thinking but couldn't remember for certain.

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.

Rev                                GG                        Kittee
DebbieA
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »

I'm just seeing this.  SO sorry about Trudee.  Frown

~Debbie~

Lucy ~ Mini Eskie ~ DOB 04/02/04
Leo/Pokemon ~ Mini Reskie ~ DOB 09/01/05-ish ~ Gotcha 03/24/07
Lorelei ~ Shih Tzu ~ DOB 02/09/04
Pixie ~ Pom ~ DOB 01/01/10-ish ~ Gotcha 04/01/10 ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 03/06/17
Laszlo ~ Mini Reskie ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 10/28/06
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum