Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
September 22, 2017, 08:10:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playing outside 2017  (Read 682 times)
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« on: March 04, 2017, 12:13:22 PM »

Thought I would post some pictures of the dogs playing outside.  Shoveled the snow in the yard into a big pile.  The dogs love it!  They love to sit on top, hide from each other behind it, and then pounce on one another!  Just love to watch them!

No purebred Eskies here anymore.  Kasha is 10 years old, a spayed Siberian Husky, her daughter, Lexee is almost 4 years old and is half American Eskimo and half Siberian.  Hunter is Lexee's son with Shadow and is 3/8 American Eskimo and 5/8 Siberian Husky.  Still lots of Eskie traits but I sure do like the husky talk that comes out of them!  They 'woo-woo-woo' and sounds like they're trying to say words.  Hunter is getting close to saying "I love my momma" like his dad Shadow did.  Kasha has a whole lingo when she wants something.

Anyway, here's the fur kids!

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:19:12 PM »

Such playful dogs. Gotta love those blue eyes! ahhhhhhhhh!

Thanks for sharing.

We had a milder winter this year...but yesterday we were blasted with over 70cm of snow. It's crazy. Way too much snow. Most of the yard I have snow thigh high. No way we'd make trails all over for the dogs since it will melt shortly and they love eating grass. grrrr

Helene-Saint mom
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »

We're supposed to get dumped on with snow overnight.  Hubby got the plow truck ready so it will probably miss us!  Roll Eyes  The dogs will love having new snow to play in again.  Their favorite thing lately is icicles hanging off the roof of the house.  Hubby knocks them down for them and they run all over playing keep away from each other and then eating them!   Big Grin

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

Here are our "kids". Nothing fancy but they sure have a lot of fun.

Why would Nuuk bother with trails when she can make her own. She's 14YO and you'd think she's still a young pup. haha

Kooza is wiser and uses the trails...he has such a nice smile.

Takoda does not play much anymore due to his blindness but he is always willing to follow us wherever we are

Takoda (left) and Nuuk

We played today with them outside. Such a gorgeous sunny and spring like day (at 1c) and tomorrow I'll put my snowshoes and make more trails (while exercising hihi)

As for us...it's not the snow they like. Nooooo! It's the seeds falling off the bird feeders.  Evil Their poop is showing how much they ate.  Roll Eyes

Helene-Saint mom
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 12:43:38 PM »

Big Grin  Love the pictures of your "kids"!  So cute that Nuuk has to make her own path!  But I guess that's the fun of new snow.  Kooza sure is a cute little guy.  Glad to see Takoda is doing so well.  They all look great!

I hear you about the dogs eating seeds.  Roll Eyes  We don't have bird feeders out but these ash trees around town are so big and every time there's a good wind, no matter the direction, those long seeds come flying in our yard.  Hunter loves to eat them and then he poops what looks like bales of straw! Tongue 

Looks like our snow is melting quite a bit today.  But tomorrow it's supposed to get colder again.  Just never know what the weather will be like.

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2017, 06:47:15 PM »

Snow melted to more than 50% of what we had. But today is brutally cold. Temperature should improve by tomorrow afternoon and be near melting point or over it. yeah! I like winter but I'm ready for another season now...wearing just running shoes or light jacket sounds good right now. hihi

Helene-Saint mom
caroline
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 10:31:08 AM »

Hi!

I love all the photos!  I have to get into my photo bucket and post some pictures of Seti.  She is such a goofball!  I will make a better effort to get on the board here.

Caroline

Seti-Reskie                         
Birthdate ~4/2009               
Gotcha date 10/23/10          

Bridge Angel-Shiraz
12/16/97-10/4/10
Gotcha Date 1/18/04

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 02:40:46 PM »

Hi Caroline! Smile Would love to see more pics of Seti.

Helene-Saint mom
DebbieA
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »

Leo and Lucy a couple of years ago.  This is in the small side yard that we mostly use for quick potty trips.  The back yard is much larger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpIuxWU2avU

~Debbie~

Lucy ~ Mini Eskie ~ DOB 04/02/04
Leo/Pokemon ~ Mini Reskie ~ DOB 09/01/05-ish ~ Gotcha 03/24/07
Lorelei ~ Shih Tzu ~ DOB 02/09/04
Pixie ~ Pom ~ DOB 01/01/10-ish ~ Gotcha 04/01/10 ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 03/06/17
Laszlo ~ Mini Reskie ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 10/28/06
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »

Big Grin  Debbie, that is so cute of the 'kids' playing!  They have so much fun when it's snowing!   Cool

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »

I love watching eskies playing. Mine no longer do this type of play although Nuuk still does her zoomies and Kooza is trying hard to follow her. Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 02:18:38 PM by Saint Mom » Logged

Helene-Saint mom
Christinn
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 10:02:52 AM »

Fun to see some recent pictures of Kasha, Lexee, and Hunter.  They are really beautiful!  What are their ages?

www.sterlingeskies.com

Merlin 5,  Macy 3 1/2,  and  Ellie 1,   Rainbow kids Buck and Shelby
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2017, 10:48:11 AM »

Fun to see some recent pictures of Kasha, Lexee, and Hunter.  They are really beautiful!  What are their ages?

Kasha is 10 years old, she will be 11 on November 28th of this year, Lexee just turned 4 years old in April, and Shadow will be 2 years old in October.  Hunter is Lexee's kid, Lexee is Kasha's kid.  Brought the size down quite a bit but compared to the Eskies, they're still big!  Just as much fur flying all over the house.  Tongue

JimmyThy
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2017, 07:37:48 PM »

Eek Eek Eek

ROBEN!!! Your pups are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOoo striking!! I LOVE IT!!!! Loved seeing the photos and hearing about them. Your old videos of your old Eskie pack pulling your sled is still played every year we do the Meet the Breeds event in NYC for the AKC. It's great!

Helene, I think it's hilarious how different Takoda, Nuuk, and Kooza are. Nuuk looks FANTASTIC!! She lost so much weight, and looks (and acts) like a puppy! Takoda will always have that little puppy face love, and Kooza is sooo handsome, especially with that smile of his. We can't have bird feeders in the back yard b/c Kayu has a really really really strong prey drive, and is constantly chasing the birds just flying across the yard whenever he's outside. There's no way he can catch them, but that doesn't stop him. So, the bird feeders are all in the front yard, which means no bird food in our dog poop. Ha ha!

Debbie, I love seeing videos of Eskies playing in the snow, and the little play growls they do. I could watch and listen to that all day.

Here is an old video (from January 2014) of Atka & Nuka after a big snowstorm, before we got Kayu a couple months later. Even though it's an old video, I think you all would still enjoy it, especially since I haven't posted since ..... 2011? Something crazy like that. I set it to some pretty cool music, so make sure your speakers are turned up Smile

https://youtu.be/EygdkHDcT9Y
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:05:03 PM by JimmyThy » Logged

~Thy & Jimmy, FurParents of

Atka, standard male, born 3/25/04
and
Nuka, standard female, born 12/10/07
Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 10:59:35 AM »

Love the video Thy. Eskies do love the snow.  Hershey Kiss

Helene-Saint mom
Hana
Veteran Member

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2017, 12:31:13 AM »

Roben, your dogs' eyes are so striking!  Beautiful!  Do you do sledding with your current pack?

Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 10:37:58 PM »

Roben, your dogs' eyes are so striking!  Beautiful!  Do you do sledding with your current pack?

Unfortunately, I haven't used the dogs for sledding for a few years now.  Kasha has a tendency to want to look at everything along the trail.  Roll Eyes  She never was much for pulling even when we had the retired sled dogs.  Lexee would make a great obedience dog.  She wants to heel right next to you, looking up at you the whole time.  Hunter is still to young to pull and I haven't even tried a harness on him yet.  The idea of making the Huskimos was so I could have less dogs but have the same strength in pulling.  Yeah, right...that's not working out right now!  Evil  Lexee's sister and half sister live a block and a half away so maybe this winter I can go get them and hook all of them up.  Imagine a game of twister with ropes and harnesses!  It could be interesting though.  Tongue

The last couple of winters we've actually had too much snow once it came and our snow plow was down for a while, so we couldn't even plow the back roads we used to use for sledding.  Even though they are not supposed to be used for snowmobiles, enough of them packed the snow down so it was hard to plow once we could get out and the truck tires, even with chains, broke through the snow and made it hard to move.

Thy, I'm glad you can still use the video of my guys and girls dog sledding for your Meet the Breeds.  Those were great times.  I can sure tell that I don't bother with actual obedience training with these dogs compared to the Eskies.  The Eskies could be trusted to run loose right out of the truck and then come when I called them to get hooked up to the line.  Same at the end of the run.  Rewind used to love to roll in the snow after his run.  I sure do miss those guys. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum