Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
September 26, 2017, 02:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Holidays and thank you  (Read 529 times)
Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« on: December 26, 2016, 09:16:34 AM »

Wishing everyone a happy and safe holiday season.

Thank you for those who are still sending me beautiful Christmas cards. It's fun to go to the mailbox and get something so nice.

Helene-Saint mom
Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

Happy New Year!   Big Grin  I really didn't send out cards this past Christmas.  Time just crept up on me and didn't get them done. 

So how's everybody been?  The winter here has been pretty mild, only a week or so of sub-zero weather but then we're in the January thaw.  I shoveled up a big pile of snow in the middle of the yard so the dogs still have snow to play in!  Tongue  They have so much fun chasing each other around the pile and then getting on top and pouncing on one another.

We're down to 10 year old Kasha, the Siberian Husky, 3 1/2 year old Lexee, the half Eskie/half Husky daughter of Kasha and Radar, and her son, 1 year old Hunter who is 5/8 Husky and 3/8 Eskie.  They've been great dogs and I'm really happy with the Huskimo mix.  And since I did all the genetic testing I could do on both breeds, at least I know their background.  Two of the other Huskimo girls I raised live about a block and a half up the street from us and they come over to play at least once a week.  They all love getting back together and run around like crazy.  Good way to tire them all out! Wink

Hope everyone else is doing great.  Helene, how are your fur babies doing?

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 08:10:41 AM »

Hi Roben,

Winter is a roller coaster ride here. Not tons of snow, but little every day, turns into rain, freezes, melts and we do it all over again the next week! Weird! But hey....Almost reaching February...1st thing we'll know...camping season will be upon us. hiiiihaaaa.

That's nice you get to see your "girls" often since they are nearby.

We've been doing good for the most part.

Dogs:
Nuuk is turning 14 this year and is still acting like a 1 year old. She's the spazziest of them all. Energy I wish I had!!!!

Tako is 13 and just as sweet, even if blind for 3 year +/- now. He's my quiet guy but take the leash out and he's the first one out the door and leading the way! He had a few butt issues requiring surgeries last year but now we hope he's ok. We did not test for cancer but so far so good.

Kooza is turning 7 in June...already! Where did time go??? He "survived" his 2 hip surgeries and running around like nothing even happened to him. Sweet pup. Should videotape him doing his running around the year. Maniac. haha

Cats:
We had to put do down our 17 year old Daisy this past October. It was soooo hard but her kidneys failed her and it was time to see our goodbyes. Frown

Shadow is turning 14 too and is just the cool cat (cat trapped in a dog's body) he always has been since we found him outside at 8-9 weeks.

Katia is turning 10 and still the nicest kitty ever.

Humans
Doing good most of the time. I managed to fall twice in the last months of 2016 (accidents) and hurt my left knee/below. Last time it was Dec. 29th when someone slipped on snow/ice and fell on me and I did not see it coming, so fell too. But all is good now and I'm back into training. Ortho cannot believe I never broke anything. Note that last January my left foot slipped on a stair at home and the other foot landed flat hard on the 2nd stair down. Broke my knee tibial plateau. Luckily it did not shattered so no surgery but I was off work for 9 weeks as I was forbidden to put any weight on it and had to keep the leg up, etc. Luckily my employer let me do a lot of work from home (kept me sane) even if I was still paid through work insurance.

Sylvain's birthday today...just 2 years before "early" retirement. Yeah!!!! He's top shape.

We keep busy with pets, our cycling and gym... Looking soooo forward to retirement. It seems far but first thing we'll know we'll be there.

So far no plans to travel to USA next summer. Frown Can't trust Trump - and its repercussion so we have not yet renewed our passports that expired this past Dec. And the fact that our Cdn $ is costing us 36% when we purchased US$ it is also weighing in.

So that's all for now.

Hope everyone will have a fabulous 2017 and do drop by here...when the forum will go away...you'll be sorry....hihi Lots of information on this board and it would be nice to hear from you all once in a while.

Helene-Saint mom
Yukon
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 01:06:49 AM »

Thinking of you and I hope all is well!

Our family has changed so much since I last posted. Yukon just turned 10 years old last month. 10!  It hardly seems possible.  He is doing ok, though he has had high liver values and has slowly been losing his eyesight.  Kiska is as spunky as ever, she just turned 8 years old last month. 

And we have three new additions! Kodiak is our "baby" dog. We adopted him from the local shelter shortly after moving to Northwest Arkansas three years ago.  We were walking Yukon and Kiska in the town square, and someone who works at the shelter approached us to talk about our beautiful white dogs... and told us they had an eskie puppy who had been found as a stray but had not been claimed and was up for adoption. We decided to go and meet him -- you know, to see if we could interest one of the eskie rescues or something -- and he came home with us.  It is one of the best decisions we have ever made. Kodi is the sweetest, best behaved, most loving pup I've ever met. He still sleeps curled up at my feet every night.  The shelter estimated that he was about 8 months old when we adopted him in July 2014, but I think it was closer to a year.  Which would make him almost 4 years old now.

And.... we have two human additions!  Our twin daughters, Vivian and Charlotte, were born in February 2016. They are adored by humans and puppies alike.  Vivian is walking, and Charlotte is talking -- her favorite word is "dog", which she says frequently (every time she sees one of the puppies or hears them bark!)

We miss the eskie board, and i think of you often.  We have a Facebook group now, but it's not quite the same.  I hope everyone is well and you will check in with us soon!  We miss our little get togethers as well. 

Whytepine
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 09:13:42 AM »

Great hearing from you!  Wow, what a difference a few years makes!  Glad to hear your visit to the shelter was just to look.  Wink  Funny how things work out.  But the twin girls...what a hand full!  Big Grin  A very busy house indeed!  Congrats on all your additions!

I won't do facebook.  I spend enough time on the computer and facebook is such a time vampire!  Evil  Wish more people would come back to the Eskie board just to let us know how they're doing.

Does it look like you'll be in Arkansas for a while?  You guys have really done quite the moves in the past!  Tongue  We'll be in the same house forever.  And while we can stay in our own house, we will have at least one dog.  Hubby turns 71 in August and I'll be 63 next month.  Never though we'd get this old!  Tongue

And Happy Easter to all today!   Pleased

Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »

That is truly nice to hear from you Yukon. Wished many would come by just to say hello. Smile

I think a lot of us did this....just go and see...and ended up with a new one at home. Big Grin

If you can and want, I'd like to see pictures of all...kids and pups.

Today I went to the vet for the rabies shots for Nuuk and Takoda. No choice if we want to travel to USA this summer.

Both are doing good. Tako's birthday was this week and he turned 14...where did the time go. Frown

Vet said they are doing very well. Teeth and heart are good.

Takoda's knees are luxating a lot but he does not seem to mind. His anal mass is a thing of the past (he had surgery to remove a mass that was protuding and we never got it analyzed to see if it was cancer). He checked his butt and he's clear. Yeah!

Nuuk has some cataracts but nothing more than this. Trust me...she still sees well and hears very well.  Roll Eyes

So it was a good vet visit, minus my wallet that thinned some but that's ok. I've seen worse expenses with those 2. Smile

Helene-Saint mom
jennyb
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 03:20:31 PM »

Hi all.

The Fb Eskie Board is picking up and has many of us walking down memory lane.

Lx2 just turned 12. They are doing well. They sleep "harder" (takes a bit more to wake them up) and have more selective hearing than they used to Wink otherwise they are doing well.

Dan and I are doing well too. We just returned from spending a several days in Sequioa NP. It was really lovely to spend time hiking among the big trees.

Hope you are well.  I'll try to check in more frequently.

jb

Littermates Luna and Loki (born 5/19/05)
jennyb
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 05:39:30 PM »

Let's see if this works. Latest pic of Lx2 on their birthday. Loki on the left and Luna on the right.

jb

Littermates Luna and Loki (born 5/19/05)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum