Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
May 25, 2018, 10:15:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowball is gone  (Read 6044 times)
Hana
Veteran Member

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

This weekend we thought of the journey I've been on because of her and it was amazing- this board, ERU, snoopy, nakkeys, nakkeys mom, who now has her own rescue, the  friends I've met, all because of a little white dog. They say people change your life. Who'd have thought a 5# dog would too? This is the legacy that she left me with. Simply amazing.

If there were a "like" button on the Eskie board, I'd click it now.

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 03:35:21 PM »

Thanks Elise. Thinking about it is what finally stopped the sobs and gave me some small peace. I know well meet again. Sooner or later. But until then she's left me with all this. For which I'm so very glad.   Pleased

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

Jasmine
Veteran Member

Canada

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

I just saw your post and am completely stunned by what I am am reading....  I am so sorry for your loss and know how much Snowball meant to you and Grant.

Jasmine                          Sunshine
DOB 11/02/2004
snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »

Snowball would have turned 10 tomorrow. We lost her about 5 weeks ago. It's still raw every single day. I miss her with my whole heart and then some. I fully expect to come home from work and see her, or wake up to her. And I don't. Frown

We see traces of her in the things that snoopy does, that are totally out of character for him. I think she is still with us. 

In honor of here, here's a few of the pictures that bring back some of my happiest times with her.

Obviously, this one.

The day she came home

Learning to swim

Yearly canoe trip

The snow....god how she loved the snow...an inch or a foot....

And everyone's favorite, the crabs Smile

I found so many, when I started looking, on the laptop, on Facebook, on our old phones, and I'm grateful I have them. There are So many more, so many memories.  I couldn't even begin to compile them. I'm glad we have them captured and I can revisit them as often or not as I need to. I miss her to pieces.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:47:55 AM by snowballsmom » Logged

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

katie's mom
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

She certainly was a beauty, even when you were doing your best to make her look silly!  I know how you miss her and because I do, my heart is with you--truly it is....

Marilyn

Sadie  Gotcha date 1/30/10
Jasmine
Veteran Member

Canada

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2013, 07:02:07 PM »

Those are Precious photos of Snowball, she was so happy living with you!

DOB 11/02/2004
Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »

Very nice pictures of her...but the one I remember the most is the ketchup/mustard. Big Grin I think it was you (doubting now as I type this!)

Few months ago I was talking with a collegue and told her I have zillions of pics and videos of my dogs. And even at work, I have a wall full of them (trips, snow, pool, name it). I wonder if I will ever be able to look at them once they are gone. Frown

I can't even look back at my wedding video because too many people we loved have passed away since then. In December we were cleaning up the basement and getting rid of old CD/DVD that we were not using anymore. One was of a xmas party many years ago. I could see my mom and Sylvain's dad talking. That was too much. We stopped it and just put it back in the case. Maybe one day....but nice to hear their voices again. May I should videotape them barking like maniacs (like this morning at 7am heading outside - Nuuk and Kooza are very good at challenging each other in that concert!). Then I will find that this barking sounds good to the hear. haha

Nice of you to share pics. It is not easy sorting through them. I know!

Helene-Saint mom
snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2013, 01:18:58 PM »

The ketchup and mustard was us too. Ill find that one Smile

It's hard to watch/see but good too. She was so sick at the end that to see the pics and video of her happy and healthy and full of life ins cathartic. That is how I want to remember her. I found a video of her leaping into the pool and watched it about 10000 times in a row. I was in sobs but smiling too. Grief and healing is so wierd and so personal. You never know how you'll do it until you're doing it. And every day is a new day to tackle.

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

nj
Veteran Member

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 05:26:14 PM »

Here's ketchup and mustard...  it was my fav along with the birthday hat.

http://forum.eskie.net/index.php/topic,17095.0.html

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2013, 07:14:35 PM »

halloweens-

and some more favorites

when i would leave the house, she would lay by the door for hours until i returned. every time i'd go out, grant would send me a picture that looked like this one, with a time duration of how long she'd been laying ther, waiting for me Smile

we have this framed as an 8 x 10 in the bedroom

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

blessed woman
Barks Too Much

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2013, 08:19:04 PM »

Happy birthday, Snowball <3  Play with Kodi for me!

Cindy

Kiana 7/24/97- 9/21/13 <3
Kodiak 7/24/97- 8/13/12 <3
snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:56 PM »

As I look at these, and at the billions of others I have, I notice and I think about trying to take the pictures, and she always stared down the camera. That snoop, always looking here-there-everywhere. But here- right into the lens. For as long as you would take her pic. So now looking thru them it's like she's looking right back at me.

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

katie's mom
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2013, 11:52:41 AM »

I clicked on the link that nj provided and read all the great ideas for costumes and also, of course, saw the pic of you as Dorothy and Grant as the Scarecrow.  *Very cute.*  You're an adorable Dorothy but I have a question:  Grant's wearing flip-flops *at Halloween*  (i.e. when it's cold!).  I understood why he might wear flip-flops at your beach wedding, but Halloween seems a little extreme.

I love all the things you put the doggies in over the years!

Marilyn

Sadie  Gotcha date 1/30/10
Hana
Veteran Member

« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 01:09:33 AM »

I remember all these photos.  I'm glad you're able to look at these and all the other videos and pics that you have.  For me, it was only about 2 weeks ago when I went through a bunch of Hana's videos and was okay about it.  Usually I just feel sad and immediately stop.

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2013, 07:26:36 PM »

Thanks Elise. I understand what you mean. Sometimes I laugh and sometime I cry. Mostly both. Smile

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

caroline
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 09:13:31 PM »

I love all the pics, but I think my faves are the swimming pic and her in the canoe.  I laugh and cry when I look at my pics of Shiraz.  I cry because I miss her so and laugh because she brought such great joy into my life and I am thankful for the years that I had with her.

Caroline

Seti-Reskie                         
Birthdate ~4/2009               
Gotcha date 10/23/10          

Bridge Angel-Shiraz
12/16/97-10/4/10
Gotcha Date 1/18/04

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 09:29:40 PM »

I love all the pics, but I think my faves are the swimming pic and her in the canoe.  I laugh and cry when I look at my pics of Shiraz.  I cry because I miss her so and laugh because she brought such great joy into my life and I am thankful for the years that I had with her.

Exactly, Caroline.

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

Stealthecrumbs
Classy Puppy

United States

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 11:26:43 PM »

I loved seeing all these wonderful photos of Snowball. Reminds me that I need to have the camera out more capturing all the important moments. Gosh she was a beauty!

Nichole, mom to Lucille, Jackson & Percy
(& bridgekid Doodle)

Yukon
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 11:29:59 PM »

Thank you for sharing these pictures and memories, Jen.  She was a really special girl.  I know what you mean about her looking right at you in the photos.  Hugs to you.  My heart still hurts when I think about it.  

YES on getting out the camera and capturing these moments and memories! And don't forget to get in front of the camera with them too.  It's really important. 

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2013, 12:56:17 PM »

Thank you for sharing these pictures and memories, Jen.  She was a really special girl.  I know what you mean about her looking right at you in the photos.  Hugs to you.  My heart still hurts when I think about it.  

YES on getting out the camera and capturing these moments and memories! And don't forget to get in front of the camera with them too.  It's really important. 

Funny you'd say that. One of the subjects if one of my many meltdowns was that there were few if any pics of her and I. Most ifvthevpics we have are grant and snoop for some reason. They're kindred souls Smile. So yes. Take pics but get in some too. You'll be glad you did even if you never dropped those last 5# Wink

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2013, 09:55:53 AM »

my birthday was friday. my husband had a picture of snowball made into a throw blanket for me. what a neat idea. not only did i cry because of my age Wink but i cried at the gift.

its the picture at the top of this posting. so, so adorable.

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

Jasmine
Veteran Member

Canada

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2013, 12:34:32 PM »

Happy Birthday Jen!  Wow! Such a thoughtful gift, it must be a Beautiful Blanket!

DOB 11/02/2004
blessed woman
Barks Too Much

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »

It's a GREAT picture, Jen, and must make a beautiful blanket!

Cindy

Kiana 7/24/97- 9/21/13 <3
Kodiak 7/24/97- 8/13/12 <3
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum