Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
November 20, 2017, 09:54:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiawah's been spayed  (Read 7758 times)
theno1bet
Classy Puppy

« on: May 23, 2013, 02:01:34 PM »

Brought her into the vet this morning and never knew how much she meant to me but I was a little worried all morning about this procedure. Called the vet and she's fine...to pick her up at 3:30 p.m. today.

Steve
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 02:03:20 PM »

Smile glad to hear she's recovering well.  Not to be pushy but if you free feed her you may want to start rationing so she stays at a healthy weight Smile

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.

Rev                                GG                        Kittee
theno1bet
Classy Puppy

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 02:06:37 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Steve.  She weighs now 28 pounds and I'll watch her closely with regard to her weight from now on..
Elizabeth

Christinn
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »

Glad to hear that all went well and she's fine!

www.sterlingeskies.com

Merlin 5,  Macy 3 1/2,  and  Ellie 1,   Rainbow kids Buck and Shelby
theno1bet
Classy Puppy

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 05:15:20 PM »

Thanks, Christine. Brought her home and she was quite alert at the vets but all she wants to do now is sleep it off.  She doesn't care for water or food yet and knowing her she'll not be interested in much of anything for a couple of days. It broke my heart when I brought her home and she looked at me with those groggy eyes as if to say "why'd you do this to me Mommy?".  I know I'm a suck about her but love the little gal.

Yukon
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:46:13 PM »

How is she doing?

theno1bet
Classy Puppy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 05:01:17 PM »

Kiawah is doing well now but I have to crate her alot to keep her calm as she got so excited that her incision bled a bit so I'm confining her more to give her the chance to heal well.  And if all goes well Friday next week we can start normal activities again with her.  Took her last night for a walk with her in my daughter's kiddy wagon.  She tried to jump out but I had to out-stubborn her and tell her to stay down.  I wanted to get her out of the house and get a little look-see around the neighbourhood. She eventually gave and I think enjoyed the outting.  Will probably do the same tonight. Neighbours probably think I'm an idiot and my husband was a bit embarrased but I didn't care cause she deserves whatever we can do for her.  She's such a lovely pup. Thanks everyone for your notes of concern. Will try to post some pictures of her again when I have a minute and can figure out how. Wishing everyone a lovely weekend!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum