Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
May 25, 2018, 10:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sadie is gone  (Read 4227 times)
katie's mom
Barks Too Much

United States

« on: September 28, 2012, 07:21:17 AM »

Since the Board was down when Sadie died, I thought I'd mention it here. Those of you with whom I am FB friends have been extremely kind and supportive, but it struck me that there might be s few others who cared too.

Sadie passed Tuesday afternoon.  On Monday she was unable to stand and wouldn't eat or drink. She was also in a lot of pain. So I took her to the vet hospital and she crashed right on the table. In the waiting room she perked up and ate and drank a little and looked around curiously and then ten minutes later she was clinically dead. Apparently she had a huge tumor on her heart which was surrounded by fluid. The doctors also said that all the blood in her eye and her long-standing problems with walking into walls, losing me in our own house, and just generally being disoriented suggested that the cancer had spread to her brain. Too, the doctors had spoken for several months about there being a serious heart arythmia (sp?) but here were so many other things wrong, I didn't pay much attention.  It's such a shock. She had such a horrible early life as a stray on the streets of Detroit that she deserved more than the just the two and half years when I was able to give her what she deserved. She was my velcro-dog; I never needed a leash to walk her because she always stayed right by my side. Every time we went for a walk people would stop and admire and/or pet her and, almost unfailingly, say how sweet she was. Of all the available adjectives, they always used "sweet" to describe her. And they were so right. At the end of our walks I'd count up the pettings and the admirings and tell her how many she got that time. And she was so cute that she literally stopped traffic. Driving down the street, people would hit the brakes, roll down their window, and ask what breed she was; she was so beautiful. I know that Casper and Hanna, Shiraz and my own Katie will be at the bridge to help her.  She was so afraid of other dogs, but I know they'll be kind and welcoming to her.  She was my loving, gentle, and perfect dog and oh, how I miss her.... 

Marilyn

Sadie  Gotcha date 1/30/10
BanaerEskies
Veteran Member

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 07:29:47 AM »

I am so sorry.  You gave her two and a half awesome years love! RIP Sweet Sadie. 

BamaEskies
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 07:34:55 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Andrea and the Bama Eskies and Ratties 
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/632025

Emmy (rescued Rattie - RIP), Cheyenne (NA, PS1, PJ1, PK1, PD1, PS2, PG1, PJ2, NAC, TN-N, PK2, NJC), Leela (rescued Rattie), AKC/UKC CH Tecumseh, and UKC CH Dakota

katie's mom
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 07:55:21 AM »

Sorry, Elise: the spell-checker changes "Hana" into "Hanna."

Marilyn

Ziggy
Cool Dog

United States

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »

I am so sorry to hear this.  You 2 sound like you had wonderful bond. 2 and a half years is definitely too short but I know she got a lot of love in those years.  You couldn't change the beginning of her life, but you changed the end of it.

Ellen

Kevin (Born 6/17/11 Gotcha 9/15/11)  Ziggy (Born 9/1/10 Gotcha 1/7/11)
DebbieA
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »

Oh, Marilyn.  I'm so so sorry.  You and Sadie have been through so much.  You did everything you could for her.  *hug*

~Debbie~

Lucy ~ Mini Eskie ~ DOB 04/02/04
Leo/Pokemon ~ Mini Reskie ~ DOB 09/01/05-ish ~ Gotcha 03/24/07
Lorelei ~ Shih Tzu ~ DOB 02/09/04
Pixie ~ Pom ~ DOB 01/01/10-ish ~ Gotcha 04/01/10 ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 03/06/17
Laszlo ~ Mini Reskie ~ Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 10/28/06
Christinn
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »

Marilyn, I'm so saddened to read of Sadie's passing.  You were such a good mommy to her.   She had a wonderful life with you.   My thoughts are with you as you go through this sad time.

www.sterlingeskies.com

Merlin 5,  Macy 3 1/2,  and  Ellie 1,   Rainbow kids Buck and Shelby
caroline
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »

Marilyn, I can't express how sad I am by the passing of Sadie, you took such great care of her and gave her the best 2 1/2 years.  Such a sweet girl, RIP Sadie.

Caroline

Seti-Reskie                         
Birthdate ~4/2009               
Gotcha date 10/23/10          

Bridge Angel-Shiraz
12/16/97-10/4/10
Gotcha Date 1/18/04

Steve
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 11:01:11 AM »

I'm so sorry for your loss - 2˝ years is a great thing and I'm sure she loved every moment of your time

Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.

Rev                                GG                        Kittee
blessed woman
Barks Too Much

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:15 PM »

Oh Marilyn, I'm very sorry to hear that Sadie has passed. I'm sure you do miss her and while I'm sorry you feel that pain, I'm so very glad for the years you had together. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cindy

Kiana 7/24/97- 9/21/13 <3
Kodiak 7/24/97- 8/13/12 <3
Paula N.
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 09:45:47 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear this too.  We need to have a law that dogs can live longer than they do. 

Glad you posted after the Board was back up.  I don't know how much longer I'll have Angel, so I feel your loss.  So very sorry. It was good that you could be at the vet's when it happened.  And nice that she perked up in the waiting room.  Hold on to that memory as well as the 2-1/2 years you had her.  That was a beautiful tribute you posted about walking her.

Angel adopted 1-11-06 Sweet Pea adopted 5-27-08
katie's mom
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

Thank you all for your kindness: it's so comforting to have others acknowledge both my loss and what a great dog she was.  Taking a cue from Leslie, I'm going to send a whole slew of her unused medications--from $250 worth of Trilostane, $100 worth of Deramaxx, to heartworm and fllea and tick preventive and everything in between--to Carol Raymond.  Sadie who was always a very generous and giving dog would be pleased to know that the things that helped make her happy and healthy were now going to make other dogs happy and healthy.

Marilyn

snowballsmom
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »

Marilyn as I fb'd you there are no words. I'm just glad Sadie had you and I believe there was a reason you were led to her application.

Im so sorry.

Don't be a stranger here  Hershey Kiss

Jen
Snoopy, Resident Eskie
Snowball 7.12.03~6.7.13

Lexi's Mom
Classy Dog

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my sweet Eskie, Lexi, last month and I'm still mourning her passing. I'm so sorry you had to go through all the medical problems and watch her deteriorate. My husband and I were very fortunate (thank you, Lord), that Lexi went quickly and her suffering was not drawn out. We will be praying for you.

Betty

Willie
BD: 3/7/2005
Gotcha: 10/24/12
Lexi - Gone but NEVER forgotten
4/23/96 - 8/15/12
Gotcha:5/22/05
RedLocks
Hot Dog

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 03:02:40 PM »

So very sorry. Sadie is  another angel for all the others to play with. Wishing you peace.
Yukon
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 05:17:26 PM »

Oh no, I'm so very sad and sorry to hear about Sadie.  She was a sweet, beautiful girl and will be missed.  Hugs to you. 

jennyb
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear about Sadie.  My heart goes out to you.

jb

Littermates Luna and Loki (born 5/19/05)
Eskielove24
Hot Dog

United States

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2012, 09:49:52 PM »

Sorry about your loss....

Sophie, DOB about 6/20/05
I love her with all my heart. <3
Saint Mom
Global Moderator

Canada

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2012, 10:47:38 PM »

I'm on the road right now with very limited access to wi-fi. I missed that thread and so sorry to read this. You were a very good mom to her and you tried all you do. She was a big part of your life and will surely be missed deeply. Hugs to you.

Helene-Saint mom
DesertEskie
Classy Dog

United States

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »

So very, very sorry to hear you have lost your beloved Sadie.  I can tell how much you adored her & that she thought the world of you.  May she rest in peace, free of illness & pain.  Huge hugs to you. 

Jackson - the Desert Eskie!!!
(Arctic Magic's Jackson of Hearts.  Dob: Nov. 4, 2006)
Eskies4Us
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:45 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Sadie a loving home for her final years.

Heather
Snowball 11 y/o rescue Eskie
Princess 9 y/o rescue Eskie/Chow mix
Bandit 4 y/o rescue Eskie Mix
Mom to 18 y/o quadruplet boys

Snowie, Princess & Bandit
Terri in CA
Classy Puppy

United States

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2012, 07:08:22 PM »

So sorry to hear of Sadie's passing. She had it tough before you got her, but I know her last 2 1/2 years were her best.

Terri and Yogi
Mini Reskie
Gotcha Day 5/28/10 (Vet thinks he's 2ish)
MzLiz
Barks Too Much

United States

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 01:33:54 AM »

Very sorry to hear that.  I am sorry for your loss.  We are losing too many.  Frown

Liz, Saké (the Mini Eskie, born 11-17-04) and Boone (the Alaskan Klee Kai born 6-18-05.)
Skyraven
Classy Puppy

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 05:45:09 PM »

I'm so sorry you couldn't have more time with her. The years she had with you must have been paradise for her. She'll always be in your heart and memory.
Jasmine
Veteran Member

Canada

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2012, 11:54:10 AM »

Sadie was very lucky to have you in her life for the last 2 1/2 years, you were an Excellent Doggie Mom to her.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Jasmine                          Sunshine
DOB 11/02/2004
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum