Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
May 25, 2018, 10:34:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.

Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Puppymill Pictures  (Read 3204 times)
heidi
Barks Too Much

United States

« on: August 08, 2004, 11:01:27 AM »

WARNING!!!  THERE ARE UNSETTLING PICTURES LOADING!!! CLICK BACK NOW IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM!!!

I've known about puppy mills for a while, but since I'm now living with someone who's really been there, I've been doing some homework.

Anyway, I just wanted to share some of what I've found with the intent to inform.  I'm not trying to upset anyone, but I'm aware that these pictures are upsetting.  

In case you don't already know, puppy mills are places where human beings breed dogs with the intent to make a profit on their puppies.  The puppies are usually sold to pet stores, sometimes through newspapers, etc. (which is why you have to interrogate your breeder).  This is also why so many pet stores are no longer carrying dogs for sale, but instead collaborate with shelters and rescue organizations.  

The pictures are taken from http://www.atourhands.com/pupmills.html and are public domain.  

This picture apears on quite a few puppy mill info websites.  Please notice the dog on the right looks injured.

I wonder what's in the bucket.

Aside from the dog with the questionable red bucket, I didn't see any food and water.

Pablo (corgi), Micki (reskie), Ophelia (lab/beagle)
nj
Veteran Member

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 05:44:42 PM »

I've heard the term before, but had no idea the conditions were so awful!  It looks terribly unsanitary.

Jenny_Jen
Barks Too Much

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 07:10:52 PM »

If anyone's seen the documentary "Shelter Dogs" you get a good idea of how some dogs live.  This documentary isn't about puppy mills though, but it's a great documentary to watch to see what shelters and rescue places go though.

caroline
Veteran Member

United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 08:59:59 AM »

I had no idea either that the conditions were so terrible when I heard the term puppy mill...breaks my heart.

Caroline

Seti-Reskie                         
Birthdate ~4/2009               
Gotcha date 10/23/10          

Bridge Angel-Shiraz
12/16/97-10/4/10
Gotcha Date 1/18/04

sugarbb
Cool Dog

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 09:28:06 AM »

I never heard of puppy mill until I tried to find an eskie to replace my Sugar.  What I learned is that a lot of Amish are involved with puppy mills and the only place I could find locally that had eskies were Amish.  I was so upset and was determined not to buy from anyone who may be involved.  The horror stories I read about made me ill.

I even saw a pic of eskies in a puppy mill.  They were in cages so small they couldn't even stand up.

Blue's Mommy, Melissa

Scout's Parents
Hot Dog

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 09:46:37 PM »

that breaks my heart Frown

Scout's Mommy

Scout: Mini Male: 9 months: 19 lbs  14 inches
b-day 11/04/03

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

|  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum