Eskie Board - American Eskimo Dogs
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |
July 20, 2018, 12:49:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New Forum Sections Opened.
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Map Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 1 
 on: May 19, 2018, 11:17:10 PM 
Started by Starry15 - Last post by Starry15
I operate and own a pet-sitting business. I offer drop-in visits to peoples home to care for their dog, I offer dog walking during the day, doggy daycare, and boarding in my home. I started out on Rover but I branched out on my own this year! I have amazing clients and my pups always have friends to play with. Of course, I only accept dog friendly dogs and have never had a problem! Ive been doing this full-time for 1.5 years and its amazing! As much as I do love it, I do not want to do it forever.

I am working on my degree in counseling. However, it requires a Masters degree so its very time consuming. I started off wanting to work as a guidance counselor but after recent school shootings and how the public and media is viewing "how" it happens I want to eventually (once I get my degree) start working with troubled teens. Too many people in the news and media say, what is wrong with so and so. However, I look at that individual and go...how and what made you do that? What happened to you versus what is wrong with you. I want to educate the public on how troubled teens struggle from lifestyles or a poor living environment (bullying, abuse, etc) and how life experiences can make certain people do certain things. I see these teens and go, how could someone have helped you or influenced you to choose a different path in life. My best friend is a 12th grade algebra 2 teacher and she always tells me how she dislikes the troubled teens and doesnt care if they pass or fail, they will be jail bait anyway and what is the point in trying. When she says that, it breaks my heart because she could be the 1 person who believes in them and can get them to see things different and start to change. I really want to help troubled teens before they become troubled adults. Statistics shows that there is like a 80% chance of success with teenagers to change but adults its 20%. I could be wrong on statistics, trying to remember from my class last semester. Thanks for asking Smile

Shelby, herself, has changed a lot too. When we lived in PA, she was always having GI infections. Moving the couch would upset her causing her stomach to be upset. Then, she would always bark at people and was not too friendly with other dogs (not aggressive, just would ignore them). Now, she has not had a GI infection since we left PA (3 yrs) and she is good with change and loves other dogs. She plays Smile She also doesnt bark at everyone she sees. Just certain people, lol.

 2 
 on: May 10, 2018, 01:29:53 AM 
Started by DebbieA - Last post by Steve
Hi Debbie,

I'm so sorry...

 3 
 on: May 09, 2018, 09:15:59 PM 
Started by DebbieA - Last post by DebbieA
Lorelei, our 14-yr-old shih tzu, crossed the rainbow bridge today.  She has been blind for several years, and has had arthritis in her spine.  For the past year or so, we had been noticing signs of dementia.  When she wasn't barking at the walls, she was sleeping.  For the past week, she didn't even bother going back to her bed to sleep.  She just laid down next to the food and water dishes and slept.

My mom and I decided that it was time and we took her in today.

In her better days



One of my favorite pictures, taken about a month ago


 4 
 on: May 09, 2018, 09:07:45 PM 
Started by nj - Last post by DebbieA
I'm just seeing this.  SO sorry about Trudee.  Frown

 5 
 on: April 23, 2018, 10:59:46 AM 
Started by Starry15 - Last post by Whytepine
That works!  Great photos!  That's quite the crew you have there.  Just too darn cute!  Pleased 

What a beautiful home you both have!  Your move was definitely worth it.  Your life sure has changed since I've been on the Eskie Board.  I am just so happy for you and your husband.  You should be very proud of yourselves!  And tell your hubby Thank You for his service as an officer. 

I just love how happy the dogs look.  Of course, Shelby's Eskie smile can put a smile on anybody's face!  Lassie is so cute.  Love the costumes and especially of hubby in his uniform and Shelby in her jail duds!  Big Grin  It sure is great the Shelby got over being scared of other dogs.  Makes life so much easier.  And now you can enjoy agility with both dogs since it sounds like Shelby was an instant hit on the course.   Wink

I am so proud of you and the success you are making of your life and being able to enjoy it so much after all you've been through.  What type of business are you getting into?  Good luck and if you keep going like you are now, it'll be a success for sure!

 6 
 on: April 22, 2018, 10:57:26 PM 
Started by Starry15 - Last post by Starry15
Hm, that is strange! They are showing up on my end, I am sorry =(! Let me see what I can do to fix it!


























 7 
 on: April 22, 2018, 11:32:50 AM 
Started by Starry15 - Last post by Whytepine
Great to hear from you!  Sounds like the move was perfect timing.  I'm so happy for both of you and the dogs to have the life you've dreamed of.  And a house too!  Fantastic! Pleased

The only thing is your photos aren't showing up.  Confused  I know photobucket has changed for some people but so far they still have mine coming through. 

 8 
 on: April 22, 2018, 11:23:22 AM 
Started by Saint Mom - Last post by Whytepine
Glad to hear Tako is doing better on his meds.  I know what you mean about those herbal remedies and the dogs not liking them.  I have to grind stuff up and fill veggie capsules to get Kasha to take hers.  But even that can be a trick to do.

Tako's birthday has come and gone so a Happy Birthday to him!  Pleased  The time has just been flying by around here.  Although spending this past week with the flu bug catching up to us, that's wasted some beautiful spring weather.  All of a sudden we can open windows and actually hear birds singing. Tongue 2

 9 
 on: April 15, 2018, 11:09:35 PM 
Started by Starry15 - Last post by Starry15
Hey everyone,
   It has been a while since I've posted and a lot has changed. Star, my first eskie, passed away about 5 years ago now. We ended up getting Shelby Grace from a breeder 4.5 years ago! She wasn't doing well living in PA and neither were we. She was afraid of people and did not like dogs. She also kept giving herself gastro every time something minor changed. My husband and I were not doing well finding jobs in our career fields and the apartment we were in was a rat-infested dump, since where we lived in PA was not dog friendly. My husband worked 2 crappy full-time jobs to make it by and I had a job I would cry to have to go to. It was awful, living there.

    So we decided to risk everything, sold everything we had (except Shelby!) took a thumbtack and threw it on the map and decided that is where we would move! Well, it landed on Greenville, South Carolina. It has been amazing for us and for Shelby, by far. It has been 3 years since we have moved here and let just say that within in those three years, my husband got his dream job as an officer. I am working on my Masters degree and own my own business. We bought our first home too! Shelby is becoming people friendly and she loves other dogs now! We also got her 3 other siblings (see in photos!) She has not had gastro since we left PA behind. We also took a major road-trip to Kansas down to Galveston, TX and back through New Orleans and Shelby of course came with! We got a hotel in Bollix MS, at hard rock cafe and it was 1500 SQ FT! Shelby was in heaven (see photo of her in the tub). Last Halloween, Shelby and Lassie went as a cop and robber and they won the costume contest and was even on the news! So there are photos from that!

My collie Lassie does agility and she was out one week after having surgery so we took Shelby. Shelby had never seen or done agility before and let me tell you, she did every single thing, perfectly. The trainer asked me what level of agility she was in and I said this is her first time and she looked at me shocked! I think dogs talk because I cannot explain how she did everything so perfectly, like she has been formally trained!

Enjoy the photos Smile Hello everyone! I've missed this board, its where I learned about eskies and fell in love!










































 10 
 on: April 05, 2018, 12:21:09 AM 
Started by nj - Last post by Steve
Steve, Trudee was Rev's sister. 
Yep, that's what I was thinking but couldn't remember for certain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
  |  Site Home  |  Eskie Central  |  Dog Pages  |  Forum Home  |  Chat  |  Links, etc.  |  Site Guide  |

The Poodle Room  |  The Poodle Room Forum
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Modified Board Design by EskiePages
Powered by SMF 1.1 RC2 | SMF © 2001-2005, Lewis Media
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!